What to expect
We help people achieve their health goals by using cutting-edge chiropractic care and customized health plans designed to remove interferences and allow the body to begin healing. In order to do that effectively, we will need to get a better idea of your medical history, current lifestyle and needs.
After you fill out new patient paperwork, an in depth consultation with Dr. Torrie will help to pinpoint areas of concern. After the consultation, Dr. Torrie will preform a comprehensive chiropractic and neurological exam in order to determine the root cause of your health issues.
The results from the following tests will provide valuable information regarding your overall state of health as well as providing insights on how best to design the care necessary to achieve your health goals. The purpose of these tests is to evaluate your range of motion, muscle tone and function, and the overall health of your nervous system and spine.
You May Be Asked to:
- Rotate your head, bend forward, sideways, and backwards – This allows us to see which areas of your spine are functioning well and which ones may have restrictions.
- Postural Evaluation – Postural abnormalities can identify misalignments in your spine.
- Neurological tests – Specific tests designed to test nerve function.
- Orthopedic exams designed to help diagnose your condition.
- Muscle Tests – to determine the functional health and strength of muscle groups.
- Static and motion palpation of your spine – Dr. Torrie will manually scan your spine for malpositioned bones and dysfunctional joints in your spine
Dr. Torrie will advise you if any other diagnostic tests are needed such as X-Ray and MRI. Dr. Torrie will go over the results of your examination and determine if you are a candidate for chiropractic care. If not, Dr. Torrie will refer you to someone in the community that will be able to best help you. If so, explanation and recommendations of care will be discussed and we will begin working towards your health goals.